Thursday 20 September 2012

11. Nico

Hello, everyone! How are you?
はじめまして、みなさん!

Things have been very well for me lately, if a little busy! I started
my first year in college so I have been working very hard at that and
my job, and as you can see, practicing Japanese…though there’s so
much to learn still! But it’s lots of fun~ this is my favorite time of
year, the colder seasons of fall and winter! ^ w ^

This is my first real blog post, so I guess I should try and include
the neat stuff I’ve done, right? Well, I went on a camping trip
recently—yay! I truly adore camping and this is the best time of year
to do so. Here’s some pictures of my tent and of the lake we camped
next to. We didn’t have a campfire this time because it was pretty
rainy, but there’s always next time! Besides, I love rain, and the
sound of it on the tent was really nice <3



I met a girl in my drawing class who rock climbs, so maybe I will try
that soon, too! I think I prefer hiking most of all, though, but life
is all about trying new things and having fun, so I’m excited to have
the chance to do more things outdoors!

In school I am currently studying art history, anthropology, and lots
of drawing and painting classes, as well as core studies…it’s
exciting learning more! I’ve been trying to improve my makeup skills
as well, so issues of Popteen have also become my textbooks~ ^ c ^ I
like doing makeup, it’s sort of like using the face as a canvas, isn’t
it?


What do you think? Advice is always appreciated!

…And before I go, here’s a picture of a test illustration I recently
did with some new pens—can you tell I’m excited to be back in class?
I can’t wait to improve more!

Well, thank you for taking the time to read my blog post! I’ll try and
stay in the swing of doing longer ones like this, because I’m used to
using a small micro-blogging platform like tumblr. If you’d like to
keep up with me there, my main blog is http://batblush.tumblr.com/ and
my nature/fairy tale/mori girl blog is http://flowerveins.tumblr.com/
.

Until next time~!
ばいばい~

No comments:

Post a Comment